Not only is making your own laundry detergent cheaper, it is also so much healthier. No more rashes from sensitive skin and allergies. More importantly, no more worrying about what's in the soap you used on those blankets, toys, bibs, sleeve cuffs that baby likes to chew on!
Homemade Powdered Laundry Detergent
- 1 Cup of Grated Bar Soap
- 1/2 Cup of Borax (You can find borax in the laundry aisle, mine came from elsewhere)
- 1/2 Cup of Washing Soda (also cheap in the laundry aisle)
- Grate bar soap into a clean sealed container (you won't use the whole bar for one batch)
- Add one cup of grated soap, 1/2 cup of borax and 1/2 cup of washing soda together in whatever you'd like to store your laundry soap in (I use a recycled glass spaghetti jar, a mason jar would also work well!)
- Close the lid and shake it up
- Add 2 tablespoons to each load of laundry in place of whatever laundry detergent you would normally use!