It's easier than you might think to make your own tinctures at home! With two simple ingredients (and a little bit of time to wait for it) your in-home apothecary will be up and running in no time!
- 1/2 Cup of your herb(s) of choice
- Boiling water
- 80+ Proof Vodka
- Add your herbs to your container (I use a mason jar, definitely choose something glass)
- Add boiling water to *barely* cover your herbs, just enough to wet them to draw out some of their nutrients and properties to prepare them. (You may skip this if you're short on time, I would just let the tincture steep a few days longer)
- Add 1-2 cups of vodka to the jar (depending on how strong you'd like it to be) and put the lid on the jar
- Store your jar in a dark place for at least 1 month, shaking the jar occasionally
It's that easy! Once you're ready to use your tincture, strain it into a dropper bottle and discard the herbs.